Entry requirements and selection criteria
Entry requirements and selection criteria for exchange studies
Student are qualified for applying for exchange studies if the following requirements are met:
- The applicant is actively studying at a bachelor’s or master’s programme at the University of Borås
- The programme syllabus allows for exchange studies, or if the director of studies takes an individual decision on exchange studies
- Applicants on bachelor level have earned at least 60 credits before going on the exchange in accordance with the programme syllabus
- The applicant is in phase with the studies in accordance with the programme syllabus, or has an individual study plan that allows for exchange studies
- The applicants meet and can strengthen the receiving university’s demands of previous studies and language skills
- Exchange studies are conducted on full-time basis for at least one semester in accordance with the exchange agreement
- The courses at the receiving university will be mainly credited within the programme at the University of Borås
Please note that there may be additional specific entry requirements for some educational programmes and grant programmes (for example Erasmus+, Linnaeus Palme, or Nordplus).
Exchange places are distributed according to the study results at the current educational programme at the University of Borås. Study results are measured by the earned grades and grades on courses by the date of the application. The application cannot be supplemented with a transcript of records of a later date than the current semester. Ranking takes places by means of an overall calculation, as follows:
- Number of credits earned in relation to the number of possible credits in the current educational programme (maximum 1 point)
- Numbers of VG/Pass with credit (A-B, 4-5) in relation to the number of possible VG:s/Pass with credit (A-B, 4-5) in the current educational programme (maximum 1 point)
- Merit value is given to applicants engaged in the student union or other student association, or engaged as mentors for international students for at least one semester. Certificates are required (maximum 0.2 points)
- In case of same total scores, there will be a lottery
Please note that there may be additional selection criteria for some educational programmes and grant programmes (for example Erasmus+, Linnaeus Palme, or Nordplus).
Decisions are announced via email. The decision cannot be appealed. If the student accepts the exchange, s/he is nominated to the receiving university.
Please note that the University of Borås cannot guarantee the admission as the receiving university receives the right to decide on which applicants will be admitted to exchange studies.