The University of Borås forwards information to receiving institutions about the students nominated for a study exchange at the institution. Subsequently, nominated students apply for a study exchange according to the instructions of the receiving institution. The receiving institution determines whether the student will be accepted for a study exchange.
When the number of qualified applicants exceeds the available places, criteria that are clear to both staff and students are necessary for fair ranking and selection.
- The notification of interest must be received by the established deadline. Late notifications of interest are only subject to places available.
- If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the available places, notifications are ranked according to the selection criteria.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a three-year bachelor’s degree program or master’s degree program at the University of Borås. Supplementary year students are not qualified to study abroad.
- The study plan permits studying abroad.
- The applicant is on track with his or her studies according to the degree plan.
- The applicant submits a written explanation in English (a personal letter) including the following on a maximum of one A4 sheet:
- What are your primary reasons for studying abroad?
- What are your expectations for studying abroad on an international student exchange?
- In what ways are you motivated to learn from the culture of your destination?
- How will you represent Swedish society and the University of Borås?
- Special merits: This may include language skills, active participation in the student union board, subject groups or academic counsel or an elected position in the student union or university, such as student representative or the like. The activity must be certified by an authorized individual.
- The notification is complete with a current Ladok (transcript of record) excerpt (shall be retrieved from the Student Centre).
Selection if the number of qualified applicants exceeds the available places
If the number of applications exceeds the number of places, then first, study results at the University of Borås in a current degree program will be ranked. Study results are measured by the achieved scores and grades in courses at the specified application deadline. The notification of interest cannot be completed without a Ladok (transcript of record) excerpt dated later than what applies for the current term.
Secondly, the selection is based on special merits or applicant interviews.