The Student Ombudsman at the University of Borås gives support to students and postgraduate students in studyrelated matters.
Turn to the Student Ombudsman if you feel that you have been subject to an unacceptable behaviour or have been treated badly by the university staff or other students. The Ombudsman can offer support during investigations of disciplinary matters, grading and much more. The Ombudsman's service includes incidents at the university, but also what happens during the parts of your education taking place outside the university.
Anita Lindahl, Student Ombudsman
Phone: 033-435 4262
Room number: B 307
Please book an appointment by e-mail or phone.
This is what the Student Ombudsman can do for the students
- Listen to and discuss student cases.
- Support the student in evaluating and judging different options in the current case.
- Act as a source for references: What do the Higher Education Act, the Higher Education Ordinance, course plans and student handbooks state?
- Make an informal investigation of the case.
- Identify and explain the policies and procedures.
- Assist in deciding whether or not to go further with the case.
- Give concrete suggestions on further management of the case.
- Support the student in a possible ongoing process.
However, the Student Ombudsman does not apply sanctions or change rules and regulations.
The Student Ombudsman is a support person, not a lawyer..
Information and forms