R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd is the successor of ÄldreVäst Sjuhärad (ÄVS) which was started in 1999 as a research and development unit focusing on care for the elderly. ÄVS was a joint initiative on request from the local municipalities in Sjuhärad and Region Västra Götaland built on government funding and the research project ACTION (IT-support for families). During 1999 to 2008, ÄVS has developed from a focus on care for the elderly to also include research on functional impairment.
In January 2009 ÄVS changed its name to FoU Sjuhärad Välfärd/R&D Sjuhärad Welfare, to signal an even wider focus and the ’new’ research and development unit now includes research and competence building around:
- The elderly
- People with disabilities
- Children and young people
- Families in vulnerable life situations
- People with dependency problems
- Socio-economically vulnerable groups
The main objective of R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd is through knowledge development and methodological support contribute to better collaboration between different care givers and increased care and social support quality for the above groups.
This is achieved by:
- research and development projects in collaboration with care and social support organisations, users and interest groups
- strengthened and developed cooperational forms between this different groups
- renewed work – and organisational forms
- communication of experiences and results of research and development
- supporting an evidencebased organisation.
R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd is offering seminars, work-shops, conferenses and education within the above areas and in collaboration with users. R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd also offers university courses within their field of competence.
R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd is owned by the municipalities of Borås, Bollebygd, Herrljunga, Mark, Svenljunga, Tranemo,Ulricehamn and Vårgårda, together with University of Borås.
R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd thus represents the social welfare area. R&D Sjuhärad Välfärd has a governing body with representatives for the different owners together with a team of project managers and scientific leaders. External project members are recruited, preferably from among professional caregivers, to specific projects on a time limited basis.
The folder: "Research - Cooperation - Development". FoU Sjuhärad Välfärd - a centre for research and development in the field of welfare.
Please contact us if you prefere the printed version.