Ricardo takes the opportunity to meet people from all over the world
During the spring of 2015 Ricardo Garcia Rougon is undertaking an exchange programme at the Swedish School of Textiles in Borås. He enjoys the student life and the Swedish educational system while widening his social and mental horizons.
How come you chose to study at the University of Borås?
– I heard about the Swedish School of Textiles and I tried to enter here - it was one of the schools in Sweden that my school had partnership with.
What is the best thing about being an exchange student?
– The best thing is to get the opportunity to meet people from all countries. Get blessed with the opportunity of knowing about their culture and their personal life and at the same time be able to widen your horizons, socially and mentally.
What is good about the University in your opinion?
– The work they do. I think that the University is very good in the way they work with their lecture and evaluation system.
What is good about the studies in your opinion?
– They have a very efficient way of learning without working so hard here. The time-learning relation is very good in my opinion.
Ricardo Garcia Rougon
From: University Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
Study programme: Bilateral study exchange programme within Textiles
What is your impression of the Swedish people?
– Swedish people are polite but go straight to the point. It is comfortable but sometimes they feel cold.
How do you find the student life in Borås?
– It is amazing. I really love the student life. I have never been more happy and comfortable in my life.
Do you have any recommendations for students preparing for studies in Sweden?
– Prepare yourselves for saying yes to everything, going everywhere. Even if you do not want to you need to be present in all events to make the most of your exchange.
Something you would like to add?
– You will not regret it!