Residence permit

In general, all students from countries outside the EU/EEA need to have a residence permit to study in Sweden. If you are an exchange student coming to Sweden from a non-EU/EEA country you may need a residence permit or visa to enter Sweden, depending on your citizenship.

In this section we provide information on the regulations of the Swedish Migration Board on how to apply for a residence permit and on how to extend a current residence permit.

Visit the website of the Swedish Migration Board (external link).