Interlibrary loans are loans and copies of articles that we provide to you by borrowing them from other libraries.
Make an interlibrary loan request
Before you place a request for any material - please make sure the library does not have the material by checking Summon.
When you are making a request - please enter name, library card number and as much information as possible about the desired material in the request forms.
NB! Article copies cost from 40 SEK for students. See also ”How Much Does It Cost?” below.
About interlibrary loans
What Can Be Borrowed?
Literature within University of Borås subject areas that is not available in our Library can be requested as interlibrary loans, i.e. loans or copies of articles from other libraries.
- We do not make interlibrary loans for books owned by the library, even if there is a queue. Please request such books in the Library catalogue Voyager instead.
- Normally we do not send off orders for literature which is published current or previous years. Our policy is instead to buy this literature to extend our own collection. Submit a purchase request.
- Literature listed in our own catalogue or held by Borås city library may not be borrowed via interlibrary loan. We do not borrow obligatory course literature from other libraries.
Who can borrow?
This service is mainly for students, researchers and employees at the University of Borås, but if you are a student from another university you can also use our service. But then we only order books within Sweden. If you wish to order literature via interlibrary loan you must have a library card at the library.
How much does it cost?
Book loans from Swedish libraries are free of charge. Copies of articles cost 40 SEK for students, if we order within Scandinavia. Copies outside of Scandinavia costs 80 SEK. Employees at University of Borås are not charged. Please state on the order if you are willing to pay for an article copy instead of a loan.
How and when do I get the material?
Times for delivery of interlibrary loans vary a lot. Therefore it is recommended that you plan your orders well in advance.
- Copies of journal articles will normally arrive within a week. As a student you get the article by mail. Employees at University of Borås get articles internal.
- Books may take from a week up to several months before they arrive (as there may be a queue at the supplying library). We will notify you by e-mail when the book has arrived. Please borrow and return interlibrary loans at the information point.
How do I renew and where can I get information?
You can keep your loan until you get a recall from the library. If you want to renew the book, use the service within My loans through the library catalogue. It is important that your address in the library register is correct, please check this at the information point. Do you wish to contact us for more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Contact regarding interlibrary loans
E-mail interlibrary loans: