Hi Marie Fredriksson!
In January Marie Fredriksson started as a finance officer at Grants and Innovation Office (GIO). What is your role at GIO?
– I work as a finance officer, temporary for Marie Wilhelmsson during her parental leave. The Finance Officer position addresses economical support in relation to research projects that are externally funded. Assistance both in the budget/application phase and support in specific financial questions during the project’s duration are covered by this role. GIO works as a team, where we have our own different expert areas in an application phase. These are addressed one after another in our process, from the research advisors via the finance officer to the contract lawyer for example.
What did you do before you started at the University of Borås?
– I have previously worked at Chalmers for 1,5 years, as the finance officer at a department constantly involved in EU-projects. I have also worked at a bank, as an auditor, as head of finance at two creative firms; and most recently I have worked as a senior accounting controller within a listed group.
– I have a Master’s degree in Business Administration, and one in Textile Management from the Swedish School of Textiles.
When can the researcher contact you?
– The researchers are welcome to contact me at any time. We have a close relationship with the local financial officers, placed in the faculties. My role as GIO finance officer can for example be useful at the application phase of a H2020 project, during the budget process to KK-stiftelsen (the Knowledge foundation), at the financial when they go through applicable rules in a project start up meeting, and during the externally financed research project when questions of financial character occur.
What do you do on your spare time?
– I like to spend time with my loved ones, exercise and create. I prefer to be outdoors or to enjoy meditative yoga. The creations consist mostly of sewing my own clothes, creating dreams and inspiration from my everyday explorations looking up at beautiful buildings or studying interesting styles. I also love to go to school. I have over 450 ECTS within different subjects. Right now I am attending a course in shoe design.