If you know you will be away from work you can set up GroupWise to send an automatic reply to those who email you during this time. This is done by creating a rule in GroupWise.
In the Windows client
- Select Tools, Rules, New.
- Type a name for the rule.
- Ensure that New item is selected and that Received is checked. This means that the rule is activated each time you receive an e-mail.
- Choose Define terms.
- Click on the arrow next to the first box and select All Fields.
- Click on Delivered and then OK.
- Click on the dropdown list = and then click > =, select On or after date. If a calendar button appears next to the second text box, you have chosen the correct option.
- Click on the calendar button and select the first day you will be gone. Click OK.
- Click on the dropdown list named End and select And instead. This opens a number of additional conditions. The rule will only start when an item meets the requirements of both selection lines.
- Click on the arrow next to the first box on the second row, and then click on Delivered.
- Click on the dropdown list = and then click> =, choose On or before the date. Click on the calendar button and select the last date you want the auto-reply to be sent, and then click OK.
- Click on the dropdown list named End and select And instead.
- Click on the arrow next to the first box and select Subject.
- Click on the dropdown list  and select [*] Does not contain.
- Click in the blank entry field and enter the text Auto-reply
- Click on OK to return to the dialog box New Rule.
- Click on the dropdown list Add Action and select Reply.
- Enter the text auto-reply as title. Write a message to the sender. The message should contain informationtion about how long you will be gone, why you are gone and who they can contact in the meantime and then click OK.
In GroupWise Web access
- Sign in to http://mailbox.adm.hb.se/
- Click on "Options" icon
- Click Rules
- Choose a rule type Holidays and click Create
- Enter a name (eg holidays)
- Enter subject (Ex. autoresponders)
- Enter the auto-reply text
- Click Create
- Verify that the new rule is enabled in the rule list and click Save.
When you come back from vacation, you need to disable this rule.
The rule will be sent 1 time per sender to avoid "auto-answer storms" (memory is cleared between each activation)