Professorial inauguration and doctoral degree conferment ceremony
At the University of Borås the professorial inauguration and doctoral degree conferment ceremony takes place annually in the beginning of May. This year the ceremony is planned to Friday, 5 May 2017.
During the ceremony the new professors are inaugurated. The doctoral degree conferment ceremony is a homage to the individuals who have reached the doctoral exam at the university.
Do not forget to attend the inaugural lectures of the new professors in the midmorning of 5 May. Read more about the inaugural lectures.
This year four new professors are inaugurated at the University of Borås.
- Roger Blomgren, Professor of Library and Information Science - Cultural Policies
- Delia Dumitrescu, Professor of Textile Design
- Gustaf Kastberg, Professor of Business Administration
- Fernando Seoane Martinez, Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Five new doctors will participate in the conferment ceremony:
- Johan Eklund, Doctor of Philosophy in Library and Information Science
- David Gunnarsson Lorentzen, Doctor of Philosophy in Library and Information Science
- Ulrik Martin Larsen, Doctor of Philosophy in Design – Fashion Design
- Maria Lindh, Doctor of Philosophy in Library and Information Science
- Kehinde Olubukola Oluoti, Doctor of Philosophy in Resource Recovery - Energy Engineering
Date: 5 May
Venue: Vestindien, Textile Fashion Center
Dress code: Optional, but remember that this is an important event for the people involved. Please show consideration.
Registration: 16 April at the latest
The ceremony is followed by a reception in Arenan, Textile Fashion Center.
Registration for the ceremony
Processing personal data according to the Swedish Personal Data Act.
The University of Borås is responsible for the collected personal data. The data in the form will be processed in a database handled by the Communications Office. The data might be transfered to Excel and be made searchable. The data will be used to arrange the venue and order food, printed material etc. To enable this some data might have to be shared with companies/organisations outside the university. The data will also be used to send information to the visitors. After the ceremony the data lists will be archived according to the Swedish Archive Law.