Library and Information Science
Within the field of Library and Information Science a package of at least four 7.5 ECTS credits courses per semester is offered to exchange students. Some of these courses are offered to students enrolled in the Bachelor programme in Library and Information Science as well, while some are developed specifically for students new to the Swedish Library and Information landscape.
At The Swedish School of Library and Information Science, the semesters are divided into four periods (P1-4), where one period represents a 7.5 ECTS credits course. Each course is normally full-time with students attending one course per period.
The outline below may be subject to changes.
This is the second semester of the 2017-2018 academic calendar.
This is the first semester of the 2017-2018 academic calendar.
- Library Work – Tools and Methods (to be confirmed), 7,5 ECTS credits. P1
- Content management, 31KCM1, 7,5 ECTS credits (pdf). P2
- Practical Experiences at Swedish Libraries, ÖPR01C, 7.5 ECTS credits (pdf). P3
- Information literacies, 31BIT1, 7,5 ECTS credits (pdf). P4
This is the second semester of the 2016-2017 academic calendar. All new exchange students should attend to the Orientation Days held 12 and 13 January 2017. Each semester consists of four periods P1-4.
This is the first semester of the 2016-2017 academic calendar. Each semester consists of four periods P1-4.
This semester’s course offerings are still being planned. The below information is preliminary.
This is the second semester of the 2015-2016 academic calendar. It starts with an introductory week in mid-January.
Please contact our international coordinator, Karl-Fredrik Ahlmark, for more information.
(Second term of the year 2015, starting with an introductory week end-August.)
- P1: Practical Experiences at Swedish Libraries, ÖPR01C, 7.5 EC credits (pdf)
- P2: Content management, 31KCM1, 7,5 EC credits (pdf)
- P3: Facilitating Access to Community Information, 31FAV1, 7,5 EC credits (pdf)
- P4: Information literacies, 31BIT1, 7,5 EC credits (pdf)
- CANCELLED -- P2-3: Internet society and politics 31FIU1, 7,5 EC credits is a 50 % pace course, offered additionally. (pdf)
Contact our international coordinator Karl-Fredrik Ahlmark for more information.