Application information: MA in Fashion and Textile Design, 120 ECTS credits
The application period for autumn 2017 opens 20 January.
How to apply
- First step: Apply at the website www.universityadmissions.se (external link). Apply for the programme with a specialisation in either textile design or fashion design. This is the central application site for all university admissions in Sweden. You must do this step first in order to receive a personal application number to fill in when you upload your portfolio.
- Fill in your personal data and upload your digital application portfolio no later than 1 March 2017. Upload your portfolio
- We must receive the supporting documentation (including your English language proficiency) before 10 March. this documentation at www.universityadmissions.se, or send them in via regular post to the address below. Please review these instructions.
University Admissions in Sweden
SE-839 87 Östersund
Admission requirements and selection
- Bachelors degree in Design worth 180 credits, or equivalent.
- Verified knowledge of the English language. For further information about English language proficiency, please review our guidelines for English language proficiency
An application to the Master's Programme should, in addition to the verified qualifications, contain an application portfolio with an application project, a portfolio, and a CV, as described below.
Following review of application portfolios and other documentation, a number of applicants will be called to interview. The applications will be reviewed with regard to demonstrated artistic ability, experimental work, critical reflection, and other qualifications.
The assessment of general entry requirements will take place within the framework of the overall assessment of application portfolios, interview, and other qualifications.
The application portfolio should contain a portfolio, application project and CV.
Upload your portfolio here.
- Fill out your name etc. and which specialisation you apply for with your portfolio.
- Upload your application portfolio as a PDF, max 40 MB. You can also add a multimedia file (.mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .avi, .qt,.mov,.mp4) max 40 MB.
The portfolio is to contain a selection of three design projects. These should be presented together with relevant documentation of the work process through sketches or similar. Your artistic, experimental, technical, and critical reflection skills should, as far as possible, be able to be assessed through the visual material.
In the application project, the theme or issues you wish to focus on within the framework of your Master's studies should be stated. This description may, during the period of study, undergo development, but your interests and preferred directions are to be stated. Complement this description with sketches, relevant earlier work, and references to the work of others.
List of qualifications
A short list of qualifications should be supplied which states completed and ongoing education, courses, work, work placements, and other relevant experiences.
A number of selected applicants will through e-mail be called for interviews. The interviews will take place at the Swedish School of Textiles or by phone or Skype 2 May (specialisation in fashion design) and 4 May 2017 (specialisation textile design).
Information about admission
Admissions decisions will be published on your page at www.universityadmissions.se 12 May 2017. Read more about the application process.
In the notification of selection results, you will see if you are offered a place in our programme. Your notification will be accessible online as well as in a printable PDF. If you are offered a place, please review the instructions about applying for a student residence permit.
|| No tuition fee
||270 000 SEK per academic year
More on fees and fundings.
- For questions about the education programme and portfolio please contact Hanna Landin
- For further information regarding the application and admission process, please contact the Admissions Office.
Autumn 2017: 2017-08-28 - 2018-01-14
Spring 2018: 2018-01-15 - 2018-06-03