Students from the EU/EEA or Switzerland

Students from the EU/EEA or Switzerland should register for a European Health Insurance Card from their Social Insurance office.

The European Health Insurance Card will grant you health care on the same terms as Swedish citizens, if the treatment becomes necessary during your stay in Sweden. It does not cover care which can be delayed until you return home, such as some types of dental treatment. Note that dental care is subsidized, but not free. 

The European Health Insurance Card does not cover property or losses from burglary, robbery, and other theft. Students should get a private insurance (for example a travel insurance from your home country) to cover this.