Opening a bank account
This section includes information on how to open a bank account at the available banks in Borås.
To open an account at a bank in Sweden you should bring with you the following:
- Residence permit (not required if you are an EU/EAA citizen)
- Letter of admission or registration papers from the university (they should be stamped and signed by the University). The Student Reception can help you with this
- Proof of your address (a copy of your lease or a receipt from an invoice)
- Individual tax residency self-clarification form (PDF) - for Swedbank Sjuhärad AB only!
- If you have registered for a Swedish personal identity number you should bring a recent copy (no more than 2 weeks old) of a personbevis. A personbevis is a paper showing your personal identity number. It can be acquired by either ordering one over the telephone 020-567 000, or by visiting the local office tax office (Skatteverket). Note that some banks require that you have a Swedish personal identity number in order to open an account or get access to online banking (see How to open a bank account for details)
Stora Torget, tel: 033-16 75 00
Allégatan 42, tel: 0771-22 44 88
Kyrkängsgatan 8, tel: 033-348 40 20
Swedbank Sjuhärad AB
Allégatan 55, tel: 033-16 65 00
The International Office will organise a visit to Swedbank Sjuhärad AB on Tuesday 23 January 2018 to open a bank account. If you are interested to join, sign up through the form on this page.
For details on costs for opening an account and receiving a debit card and access to online banking, please read How to open a bank account in Borås (PDF).