Hands holding world globe map

Study abroad

As a student at the University of Borås you have many possibilities to spend a semester abroad. Studies at one of our partner universities, field studies and internships are some of the available alternatives. There are different criteria in order to participate, often that you are a Swedish citizen or EU-citizen.  

Studies at a partner university

Instead of spending your entire study period in Borås you can chose to spend one or two semesters at one of our partner universities. If you make a study plan with your international coordinator and follow it you will have full recognition for your studies abroad and can continue as usual in Borås. 

Field studies and internships

You can collect data for your final thesis by doing a field study in another country. An internship at an organisation or a company abroad is another possibility to go abroad.

Other possibilities

If you don’t find our partner universities interesting you can arrange your own exchange period and spend a semester at the university of your choice. In that case you will be a freemover student and will need to take care of all the practical matters yourself.  

If you are interested in studying abroad you should contact your international coordinator:


Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and please also visit our Facebook page.