Champs Elysees

Erasmus traineeships

As a student registered at the University of Borås you can apply for an Erasmus traineeship grant and conduct a traineeship between 2 and 12 months in an enterprise or organisation in another European country taking part in the Erasmus+ programme. The traineeship must be relevant for your education and your future professional life.


The Erasmus traineeship grant amounts to maximum 615 € per month depending on the country as well as the number of days for the traineeship. 70% of the grant will be received at the start of the traineeship period and the remaining 30% of the grant at the end of the traineeship period and upon submission of a report and a traineeship certificate.

Programme countries

The member states of the European Union and former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey can fully take part in the Erasmus+ mobility programme. Switzerland is not a programme country in Erasmus+. 

The impact of Brexit on the UK's participation in the Erasmus+ programme is still unclear. Read more about Brexit on the Swedish Council for Higher Education's webpage. 


The application for an Erasmus traineeship grant shall be submitted to the Erasmus coordinator at exchange@hb.se, when signed by the international coordinator responsible for your study area. Please note that you must first find a placement within an enterprise or organisation and after that you may apply for a grant. Please fill in the application form electronically, and then print and sign.

Application deadlines

  • 15 April  - traineeship starts middle of May-August
  • 1 June - traineeship starts September-December
  • 15 November - traineeship starts January-April


  • You must be an admitted programme student at the University of Borås
  • You must find a traineeship placement yourself
  • The traineeship must be a full time position
  • You must stay in the country during the whole period of the traineeship
  • You must, if the traineeship is not a part of your study programme, have completed at least 30 ECTS credits, before you can be granted a scholarship for Erasmus traineeship
  • You must not apply for a degree certificate before you have finished the Erasmus traineeship
  • The traineeship must be finished no later than 12 months from the end of your study programme

Selection criteria

  • Students who have not received an Erasmus grant previously are given higher priority
  • Students who do the traineeship in their home country (not Sweden) are given lower priority
  • The quality and relevance of the traineeship with reference to the study programme and the future profession
  • The division of grants between study programmes and countries

Application form

Late applications can be accepted if there are available funds. Contact Jessica Gustafsson (responsible for Erasmus Traineeship) for further information.


An Erasmus traineeship student must submit a report on the traineeship. The report will automatically be sent to the e-mail address you stated in the application och must be completed within one week from receiving it. In addition, a certificate from the company/organisation in which you have conducted your training must be submitted.

Language Grant

In order to encourage students to improve their language skills outgoing students within the Erasmus+ programme are offered a language grant of 1500 SEK by the University of Borås during the academic year 2018/2019. Language grants are offered to outgoing Erasmus+ students who carry out a traineeship in another language than English or their mother tongue and to trainees who complete language courses in another language than English or their mother tongue in the host country. There are 10 grants available on a first come, first served basis. The application should be sent to us before the start of your traineeship. Late applications can be accepted if there are available funds. Submit your application  to exchange@hb.se