The Language Lab
Do you want to improve your language skills? Then you're welcome to the Language Lab.
About the Language Lab
The Language Lab is available to all students at the University of Borås who want to develop their communicative skills.
The Language Lab is located on the third floor in the library, in room J441. You have access to computers or any of the adjoining group rooms.
The Language Lab is a drop-in service. You don't have to book an appointment.
During the semester the Language Lab is usually open:
Thursday: 12am–3pm (combined Language and Search Lab)
More about opening hours
The Language Lab is closed during Swedish national public holidays and:
- w.39 Monday 24 September
- w. 40 Wednesday 3 October
- w. 42 Wednesday 17 October
- w. 43 Thursday 25 October
- w. 44 29 October - 1 November
- w. 46 Thursday 15 November
The Language Lab Support
The Language Lab offers professional guidance in Swedish, English and Swedish as a Second Language during all opening hours.
For example, here you can:
- receive advice on how to improve your vocabulary
- learn more about writing at university
- work on your assignments knowing there is a person available to answer questions you might have
- receive feedback on short passages of text.
- learn more about what can be improved in your writing as well as how to do it
- access language software and reference literature
- receive advice on how to polish your oral skills
- seek guidance regarding language and structure when writing reports or term papers
The Language Lab cooperates with the Search Lab. Thursdays a combined Language and Search Lab is arranged. In these sessions, not only language support is available, but there is also a librarian present to answer your questions regarding information seeking, database selection, reference writing, EndNote and more.
IT-related support is offered besides Language support, one Wednesday a month. You can receive advice and answers to questions regarding software, document formatting, plattforms etc., that are useful for text assignments or thesis work.
Workshops and Activities
Throughout the university year there are a number of non-credit workshops and activities that you can take part of. All of them are designed to support your overall study achievements. You can find out more about what's going on at the moment at Workshops and Activities.
Is there anything missing on the list? Tell us! If time allows, certain activities can be tailor-made and designed to match students' requests.
If you've got further questions you're welcome to e-mail, phone or come by my office.
Johanna Persson, Lecturer
Phone: 033-435 4265
Room number: J 437