Application information: MA in Fashion and Textile Design, 120 credits
How to apply
- First step: Apply at www.universityadmissions.se (external link). Apply for the programme with a specialisation in either textile design or fashion design. This is the central application site for all university admissions in Sweden. You must do this step first in order to receive a personal application number to fill in when you upload your portfolio.
- Fill in your personal data and upload your digital no later than 2 March 2020.
- We must receive the supporting documentation (including your English language proficiency) before 13 March. Upload this documentation at universityadmissions.se.
Admission requirements and selection
- Bachelors degree in Design worth 180 credits, or equivalent.
- Verified knowledge of the English language. For further information about English language proficiency, please review our guidelines for English language proficiency
An application to the Master's Programme should, in addition to the verified qualifications, contain an application portfolio with an application project, a portfolio, and a CV, as described below.
Following review of application portfolios and other documentation, a number of applicants will be called to interview. The applications will be reviewed with regard to demonstrated artistic ability, experimental work, critical reflection, and other qualifications.
The assessment of general entry requirements will take place within the framework of the overall assessment of application portfolios, interview, and other qualifications.
The application portfolio should contain a portfolio, application project and CV.
- Fill out your name etc. and which specialisation you apply for with your portfolio.
- Upload your application portfolio as a PDF, max 40 MB. You can also add a multimedia file (.mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .avi, .qt,.mov,.mp4) max 40 MB.
The portfolio is to contain a selection of three design projects. These should be presented together with relevant documentation of the work process through photos, sketches or similar. Your artistic, experimental, technical, and critical reflection skills should, as far as possible, be able to be assessed through the visual material.
In the application project, describe what you wish to focus on and develop within the framework of your Master's studies. Your interests within the chosen specialisation are to be stated. Complement the description with photos, sketches, relevant earlier work of yours, and references to relevant work of others. This project description will then undergo development during the period of study.
List of qualifications
A short list of qualifications should be supplied which states completed and ongoing education, courses, work, work placements, and other relevant experiences.
A number of selected applicants will through e-mail be called for interviews. The interviews will take place at the Swedish School of Textiles or by Skype on the 28th and 29th of April for applicants of Fashion Design and Textile Design.
In the notification of selection results, you will see if you are offered a place in our programme. Your notification will be accessible online as well as in a printable PDF. If you are offered a place, please review the instructions about applying for a student residence permit.
|EU/EEA-student:||No tuition fee|
|Non EU/EEA-student:||261 000 SEK per academic year|
More on fees and fundings.