Premises and conduct policy
Conduct policy for the University Library
The library is a place of work for many persons. Together we can create a good working environment by following the code of conduct described below.
- Adjust the sound level. Please speak in a normal tone of voice, set your mobile phone on silent mode and avoid making telephone calls when you are close to the Information Point and work stations.
- Total silence is to be kept in the Quiet Study Room. Rustle with candy wrappers or listening to music with ear phones might be regarded as disturbing.
- You may bring beverages in capped bottles or in cups with a top cover when you are studying in the library. Sandwiches, sweets and fruit are also allowed. Please make sure you dispose of litter in the wastepaper basket and leave the premises the way you wish to find them.
- Please use the facilities, equipment and material in the library with care. Leave pieces of furniture in the place where you found them.
- Computers are only to be used according to the ethical rules of SUNET (www.sunet.se).You must have a user-ID to be able to use the computers in the library. The university provides you with a user-ID. Students from other universities may obtain a temporary user-ID by contacting the library staff.
Map of the premises
To make it easier for you to find your way in the building, we have constructed a web map showing equipment, functions and rooms.
The library has over 800 seats. There are private reading seats and group study seats spread over all floors. The quiet reading room with 63 seats is situated on floor 2.
Quiet Study room
In our Quiet Study room can you, who likes to study in a calm and quiet environment, sit down and read or use your laptop. There are 32 seats whereof 2 comfortable armchairs.
Total silence is to be kept in the Quiet Study Room. Rustle with candy wrappers or listening to music with ear phones might be regarded as disturbing.
Group study rooms
There are a total of 25 group study rooms – all bookable in advance. To book one of them, please use our booking system where you log in using your user-ID.
- The rooms can be booked seven days in advance.
- The rooms can only be booked for four hours at a time.
- If a booked room has not been claimed within 15 minutes of the start of the booking, the room can be booked by another user.
On floor 1 there are storage lockers. If you want to use one of our lockers you will have to borrow a key from the information point on floor 2. Lost keys are compensated according to our price list.
Rental of premises
If you wish to rent the rooms at the library, please contact Tove Lekselius.
Type of Rooms:
- Computer lab: J438, J441
- Meeting room: J421
- Conference room: J2519
|Prices and Equipment|
|J421||10||PC/projector||160 SEK/h||200 SEK/h||400 SEK/h|
|J2519||22||OH/PC/projector||230 SEK/h||290 SEK/h||575 SEK/h|
|J438||48||24 PC/projector||570 SEK/h||715 SEK/h||1 425 SEK/h|
|Group Study Room||4-8||With and without PC||95 SEK/h||120 SEK/h||240 SEK/h|
For external bookings the prices are without VAT.