The big relocation is almost done.
We've been working hard all summer and and the books with classification up to 600 are ready to be borrowed from their new places.
Level 2.5 starts with 000 (Computer science, information and general works) and ends with 360 (Social problems and services). The classes that starts on level 2.5 are:
- 000 - Computer science, information and general works
- 100 - Philosophy and psychology
- 200 - Religion
- 300 - Social sciences (-360)
Level 3 starts with 370 (Education) and ends with 660 (Chemical technology). And the classes that starts on level 3 are
- 370 - Social problems and services
- 400 - Language
- 500 - Science (including mathematics)
- 600 - Technology and applied science (- 660)
Level 4 starts with 670 (Industrial manufacturing) and will end with 990 (History of other areas). The classes that will be placed on level 4 are:
- 670 - Industrial manufacturing
- 700 - Arts and recreation
- 800 - Literature
- 900 - History and geography
If you want to know more about the Dewey Decimal System (DDC) this article on Wikipedia is a good place to start. A simple example that explains DDC is horses. They can fall under totally different hundred groups in the system:
- A book about the horses anatomy is classified under zoology (590).
- A book about the horse as a domestic animal is classified under animal care (636).
- A book about equestrian (horse racing) is classified under sport (789).
- A book about horses as a subject in visual arts in classified under painting (750).