We are conducting campus education with digital support at the same time as we are following the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s general advice and recommendations. This means that we need to continue to carry out some parts of our teaching at a distance; that means teaching at a distance when possible, and teaching on campus when needed.

We are working intensively on many levels to find solutions and develop appropriate supports in light of the new situation. Specific information regarding your education is provided directly from your teachers.

The university's students are advised to follow the information available from the Public Health Agency of Sweden and the Swedish government. Be aware that the government can provide new information at short notice if an increased spread of infection is observed when the higher education institutions reopen. Read the Public Health Agency of Sweden’s information regarding higher education institutions (in Swedish only).

On this page you can find information under the following headlines:

Specific information for international students admitted to the autumn term 2020 can be found here 

General information


  • No educational programme will be given full time on campus.
  • Students should expect to conduct their studies at a distance mostly, but there may be some elements of teaching and examinations on campus.
  • First-year students are prioritised to have certain parts and activities on campus. However, it doesn't mean they will be on campus full time.
  • Teaching that can be carried out at a distance will continue to be carried out at a distance. This means that we should be welcoming and receive students, but when required due to logistics, the Public Health Agency of Sweden's recommendations, or other reasons, we will offer digital support.
  • Everyone must follow the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
  • The university has set up the following recommendations to minimise the spread of infection:
    • Wash your hands frequently
    • Stay home if you're sick
    • Keep a distance of 1.5 meters
    • Avoid larger groups of people
  • Hand sanitiser will be placed on certain premises such as student pantries, computer halls etc.
  • The entrances to Balder and Sandgärdet will be open so people can enter the buildings without an access card. However, you need an access card for all doors leading to corridors with study rooms, offices, and open spaces for staff and students.
    • In Balder, you can also use stairwell T1 and associated lifts without an access card.
    • In Sandgärdet, the university library will be open. 
    • In Textile Fashion Center, you will need an access card to enter the university's premises. 
  • A maximum of 50 people may gather at one time.
  • As far as possible, avoid both planned and spontaneous larger groups of students in, for example, the dining halls, entrances, auditoriums, examination or lecture halls.
  • If possible, avoid activities and elements that include close contact, for example, in practical courses.
  • There will be a stricter limit of the number of people who may be in lecture halls, computer halls and study rooms at the same time.
  • The furnishing will be thinned out in lecture halls, and it will be highlighted which places one can use in computer halls and auditoriums. 
  • The starting time for lectures will be spread out during the day to reduce the number of students who are on campus at the same time.
  • The furnishing in open spaces will be thinned out.
  • Service desks in public areas will be equipped with an acrylic glass.
  • The restaurant will have the opportunity to open up the business in some form.
  • A comprehensive signage will be carried out on campus with distance markings, information regarding the university's recommendations, requests to leave the halls immediately after examination or teaching, etc.
  • Specific for students in risk groups
    • Students are advised, following the advice of the Public Health Agency of Sweden, to consult with their doctors about what they can do to reduce the risk of becoming ill.
    • The university makes general adjustments in the campus environment to minimise the spread of infection.
    • Students who do not consider that the adjustments are sufficient can apply to defer the start of studies or for temporary interruption of studies.

Distance education and examinations

The university is planning its work from the idea of "teaching at a distance when possible, and teaching on campus when needed". The most important thing is that you as a student have the opportunity to continue your studies as planned.

  • Mutual information for all students is published in PING PONG.
  • Specific information regarding your education is provided directly from your teachers.

University premises

The university's premises are generally open to students and staff. Do not forget to have your access card with you when you are on university premises. It is needed in order to pass through doors and use the lifts. For work enviroment reasons and the risk of infection, some areas, such as the textile labs, are closed to students since there is no teaching there for the moment.

Choose the entrance closest to where you are going and, as far as possible, plan an outdoors route when navigating around campus. Take a look at the map and find the entrance closest to your

For several of our operations, special conditions regarding opening hours or possible closures apply. 

Studying abroad

The university complies with the recommendations of the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For countries where the Ministry decides to continue to advise against travels, the university will advise students to not carry out any planned travels abroad for studies. If you have plans to study abroad, please keep in touch with the International Office.


The following information is not relevant for international students! As a Swedish student at the university, you are automatically insured by the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency. The insurance is valid during school hours on school premises and during direct travel between the home and the place where the school hours are spent. Workplace placements are considered to be a part of school hours and therefor you are covered by the insurance during placements. However, for distance studies the insurance only applies when you are at the university or in other premises with your teacher. The insurance never applies when at home or in public places. For international students, these and related issues will be dealt with separately.

Tools and tips for distance learning

Zoom––our software for e-meetings

Zoom is the system we use for dsitans learning and video conference. Read more about Zoom and how to use it.

Here you can find information about Zoom etiquette.

General tools and tips

Here you can find tools and tips for distance learning

If you become ill

If you become ill or need to care for an ill child, you should report it to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency and CSN. More information from CSN (external link, in Swedish only). 

In case of flu-like symptoms and respiratory problems, contact healthcare services through the medical information telephone number 1177 and follow their instructions.

Think about good hand hygiene

The most effective way to avoid getting infected and infecting others is to observe a very good hand hygiene. Keep in mind the following:

  • Wash your hands frequently.
  • Cough and sneeze in the bend of your arm.
  • Stay at home when you are ill, even with mild symptoms.

If you have any questions

If you have questions about the coronavirus, you can contact the national information number SOS Alarm 113 13. This number conveys information to the public in the event of serious accidents and crises in society.

In case of flu-like symptoms and respiratory problems, contact healthcare services through the medical information telephone number 1177 and follow their instructions.

You can also contact the Student Health Office if you have any questions.

Important external links

Public Health Agency of Sweden's questions and answers

Travel information from the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs (Only in Swedish) - emergency information from Swedish authorities