Faculty of Librarianship, Information, Education and IT (including The Swedish School of Library and Information Science)
Swedish School of Library and Information Science
Phone: 033-435 5968
Room number: C515
Teaching and research
Veronica Johansson is senior lecturer in library and information science at the Academy for Libraries, Information, Pedagogy and IT, University of Borås, and guest lecturer in visual learning and communication at the Department of Science and Technology (ITN) at Linköping University and Visualization Center C, Norrköping.
She holds an assignment as academic advisor to the European Commission in the Horizon 2020 Commission Expert Group to advise on specific ethical issues raised by driverless mobility (EU CAD; E03659), and is currently leading the research project Internet use in libraries: policy, practice, and pedagogy, funded by Kultur i Väst and Digitalt först.
Her research and teaching is focused on data as applied in visualisations and AI technology and related consequences from the perspectives of user interaction; critical literacy; privacy and ethics; business strategies; and value-sensitive design.
- January - June 2020. Guest lecturer in visual learning and communication at the Department of Science and Technology (ITN) at Linköping University and Visualization Center C, Norrköping
- June 2019 - April 2020. Academic advisor to the EU Commission's expert group Horizon 2020 Commission Expert Group to advise on specific ethical issues raised by driverless mobility (Ethics CAD).
- August 2018 -- present. Member of the Committee on educations in libraries, information and IT
- November 2012 - December 2013. Director of studies for the Web content manager and designer programme
- August 2008 - Dcember 2013. Editor of Human IT (open access, peer review-tidskrift)
Supervision of doctoral students
Title of Dissertation
A Time and Place for Everything? Social Visualisation Tools and Critical Literacies