The University of Borås uses British English in official documents and contexts as well as in general communication about the university and its activities. However, the university also makes an effort to conduct communication adapted to our target audiences. Therefore, American English can be chosen in specific cases.

Internal translation

The Communications Office has an internal translation resource (Swedish to English) who is responsible for certain areas of communication relevant for the university as a whole. The Communications Office can also coordinate translation work with contracted translators and translation companies when it comes to English and other languages. If the Communications Office coordinates translation work to English, it can in certain cases assure the quality of the translation as well. However, external translation implies an extra cost, as do certain types of texts.

If you need something translated, please contact the Communications Office for help and more information.