The password should be of good quality and changed frequently. They should be kept personal and should not be shared with anyone. Your password should consist of both uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters. Remember not to use å, ä or ö. A good quality password is meant by:
- Not being a word that is in any dictionary or personal names.
- Not being easily recognizable strings such as QWERTY or your car number.
- A good password can for example be "misspelled" or have numbers inserted.
- The password used for the university services may not be used for external services outside the university.
The password should be at least 8 letters long and consist of a minimum of the 3 following criteria:
- One number
- One small letter
- One big letter
- One special character
The password cannot contain the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Previously used password
As a staff you can use the same login to most of the systems at the university. If you wish to change your password you can do this at: selfservice.hb.se
- Log in with your signature and password
- Click at Change password in the menu
- Fill in the fields and click at Change password
When you have changed your password in selfservice you also have to change the local password on your computer. Se steps below:
- Go to Start > PC Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Password > Change
- Type your old password and click on Next
- Type your new password in both fields and under the Password hint field you can type a minus sign (-) and click on Next
- Click Finish