Application information: BA in Fashion Design
The application opens 26 January 2018.
How to apply
- First step: Apply to the programme no later than 16 April 2018 at www.universityadmissions.se. Application period opens 26 January 2018.
We must receive an application portfolio no later than 16 April 2018. The admission assignment will be published at The Swedish School of Textile Open House 27 January 2018. It will be possible to download the application assignment on this site 27 January 2018.
The application portfolio should be sent to:
University of Borås
SE-501 90 Borås
- We must receive any supporting documentation no later than 21 May 2018. You can upload the documents to universityadmissions.se . It might be possible to submit a digital portfolio - this is a work in progress and will be decided when the application opens.
General admission requirements and specific admission requirements: The following specific admission requirements apply for education leading to a Bachelor of Arts: (i) artistic design ability to work, experiment, illustrate and realise fashion and textiles and other elements in an expressive manner, in order to convey intended ideas in a comprehensible manner, (ii) technical ability in textile techniques, e.g. weaving, printing, sewing, embroidery, knitting or other textile constructions, (iii) a certain degree of critical theoretical knowledge within the field of fashion and design.
Major subjects at the education in Fashion Design are design research, artistic experiments aiming at artistic development of design ideas, experiments and technical development in ateliers and studios. It is therefore important that the application portfolio demonstrates an ability to develop ideas from visual research (material gathering and working with source materials) into interesting finished work (composition and technical skill). Candidates can apply for the education programme by confirming formal qualifications and submitting an application portfolio containing the specified application samples and CV.
Application assignment 2017 (pdf). Please note that this is not applicable for 2018!
Your CV should include educations, courses, works, internships and projects you have accomplished. Please use this form
Invitation to assessment day
A number of selected applicants will recieve an invitation via your pages on universityadmissions.se. The invitation will be sent out around 3 May 2018.
The assessment days are 22-23 May 2018. If you are not invited to the assessment days, you will be informed.
Information about admission
The result of the selection will be published on universityadmissions.se at the latest by week 22 (29 May – 4 June). In the notification of selection results, you will receive information concerning if you are offered a place, have a reserve ranking, or not admitted. If you are admitted or have a reserve ranking it is important that you answer yes to keep your place.
EU/EEA-student: No tuition fee
Non EU/EEA-student: 250 000 SEK/academic year
More information on fees and foundings.
Return of portfolio
If you are not admitted, we will send your portfolio back to you via C.O.D in September.
- 26 January 2018: The web admission opens.
- 27 January 2018: The application assignment is published on the web
- 16 April 2018: Last day for application and to hand in your portfolio including CV.
- 22-23 May 2018: Assessment day and interviews at the Swedish School of Textiles
- Week 22 2018: Admission will be announced at universityadmissions.se
If you have questions concerning the education programme or application portfolio, please contact Erika Blomgren.