Application information: BA in Fashion Design
The application opens 1 February 2016.
How to apply
- First step: Apply to the programme no later than 15 April 2016 at the websiteuniversityadmissions.se. Admissions system opens 1 February 2016.
- We must receive an application portfolio no later than 15 April 2016. The admission assignment will be published at The Swedish School of Textile Open House 30 January 2016. It will be possible to download the application assignment 1 February 2016.
The application portfolio should be sent to:
University of Borås
SE-501 90 Borås
- We must receive any supporting documentation no later than 19 May 2016. You canupload the documents to universityadmissions.se
General admission requirements and specific admission requirements: The following specific admission requirements apply for education leading to a Bachelor of Arts: (i) artistic design ability to work, experiment, illustrate and realise fashion and textiles and other elements in an expressive manner, in order to convey intended ideas in a comprehensible manner, (ii) technical ability in textile techniques, e.g. weaving, printing, sewing, embroidery, knitting or other textile constructions, (iii) a certain degree of critical theoretical knowledge within the field of fashion and design.
Major subjects at the education in Fashion Design are design research, artistic experiments aiming at artistic development of design ideas, experiments and technical development in ateliers and studios. It is therefore important that the application portfolio demonstrates an ability to develop ideas from visual research (material gathering and working with source materials) into interesting finished work (composition and technical skill). Candidates can apply for the education programme by confirming formal qualifications and submitting an application portfolio containing the specified application samples and CV.
Download the application assignment.
Your CV should include educations, courses, works, internships and projects you have accomplished. Please use this form
Invitation to assessment day
A number of selected applicants will receive via e-mail information that the invitation is on their pages at universityadmissions.se. The invitation will preliminary be sent out 2 May 2016.
The assessment days are 23-24 May 2016. If you are not invited to the assessment days, you will be informed.
Information about admission
The result of the selection will be published on universityadmissions.se at the latest by week 22 (30 May – 3 June).
In the notification of selection results, you will receive information concerning if you are offered a place, have a reserve ranking, or not admitted. If you are admitted or have a reserve ranking it is important that you answer yes to keep your place. You have to provide a response no later than 15 June 2016.
EU/EEA-student: No tuition Fee
Non EU/EEA-student: 270 000 SEK/academic year
More information on fees and foundings.
Return of portfolio
If you are not admitted, we will send your portfolio back via C.O.D to you in September.
- 1 February 2016: The web admission opens and the application assessment is out on the web
- 15 April 2016: Last day for application and to hand in your portfolio including CV.
- 23-24May 2016: Assessment day and interviews at The Swedish School of Textiles
- Week 22 2016: Admission will be announced at universityadmissions.se
- 15 June 2016: Last day to answer at universityadmissions.se
If you have questions concerning the education programme or application portfolio, please contact Erika Blomgren.
Autumn 2016: 2016-08-29 – 2017-01-15
Spring 2017: 2017-01-16 – 2017-06-04