Investment in research ethics support
The committee is to handle any questions or issues there may be in cases when the principal of an existing or planned research project is employed at the university, and when the research project may need research ethics review by the Ethical Review Agency.
"As chair of the new committee, I am curious about how my research colleagues here in Borås work with ethics in their projects. We as a committee want to be involved in supporting this important work," said Viktor Aldrin, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Educational Work.
To get advice on a research project, researchers can submit a project description and documentation to email@example.com. The committee usually meets on the last Friday of each month and can respond to questions that have been received no later than one week prior to the meeting.
The committee will offer a course in research ethics for doctoral students. Once a term, a seminar on research ethics and good research practice will be arranged.
Members of the Research Ethics Committee
- Committee Chair Viktor Aldrin, Associate Professor at the Department of Educational Work
- Vice-President Delia Dumitrescu, Professor at the Department of Design
- Member Anna Lundh, Associate Professor at the Swedish School of Library and Information Science
- Member Mikael Skrifvars, Professor at the Department of Resource Recovery and Building Technology
- Member Birgitta Wireklint Sundström, Post Retirement Professor at the Department of Caring Science
- Member Johan Sundeen, Associate Professor at the Swedish School of Library and Information Science
- Student/doctoral student representative Selma Music, doctoral student at the Department of Educational Work
- Administrator/Secretary Olof Harbecke, Research Coordinator
Ida Danell/ University of Borås