Work travel insurance

The work travel insurance is a comprehensive insurance, which means that you are covered for all domestic and international trips you make on behalf of the university. Even if you are not an employee, you may be covered if you are travelling on behalf of the university. 

Important about the insurance:

  • The insurance is valid for the duration of the trip and is equivalent to normal travel insurance coverage.
  • The insurance is valid worldwide during the period of insurance, even in areas where the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs advises against travel.
  • The insurance has no deductible.
  • The insurance does not apply during travel to and from work.

If you are travelling on behalf of the university, you are covered by the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency's work travel insurance. You should bring an insurance certificate (previously a physical insurance card, "Swedish State Business Travel Insurance Certificate"), which is now available digitally and is proof that you are covered by the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency's service insurance and also contains information on where to turn if something should happen during your trip. 

Contact HR-Lön to obtain this certificate.

For more information on insurance coverage, please refer to the full terms and conditions of insurance.

Address and contact details

In case of serious illness, hospitalisation, repatriation, or need for active assistance abroad, the traveller must first contact Falck Global Assistance (before medical treatment or repatriation).

Falck Global Assistance
Tel: +46 8 587 717 49 (24-hour service)
Fax: +46 8 505 939 13

Damage notification

If something happens during your work trip, you must report it to the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency using a form (external link). You must attach any receipts for your expenses and certificates relating to the event to the notification. The application must be signed by you and your immediate superior before you send it to Kammarkollegiet, 651 80 Karlstad or email: