International student

The university provides three main functions for your questions: International Office, Admissions Office and programme coordinators. If you do not know who to ask, you can always contact the International Office and they will refer you to the right person.

If you have general questions about studying and living in Borås and Sweden, then email the International Office. Examples of questions you may have:

  • Higher education in Sweden - systems, regulations and procedures in general
  • Exchange studies for incoming students - general information
  • Pre-arrival information (accommodation, residence permit, insurance, etc.)
  • Orientation days and introduction
  • Swedish authorities (the Swedish Migration Agency, the tax office etc.)
  • Procedures in Sweden (for example regarding health care, employment and bank account)
  • Certificates (certificate of registration and transcripts of records)
  • Problems and complaints regarding your studies or situation at the university

At the International Office you can also receive information about the possibilities of studying or carrying out an internship abroad, or go on a staff exchange. For more information, please see our pages for outgoing mobility: Study abroad

If you are an exchange student with questions of academic nature, you should contact the international officer in your field of study. Examples of questions include course contents, schedules, registrations, exams, credit transfer, etc. 

Degree students should contact their programme coordinator or programme administrator for these questions. For questions about admissions, deferrals, tuition fees, scholarships, payments, etc. please contact the Admissions Office.