Application information: BA in Fashion Design
The application opens 26 January 2019.
How to apply
- First step: Apply to the programme no later than 15 April 2019 at www.universityadmissions.se. Application period opens 26 January 2019.
We must receive a digital application portfolio no later than 15 April 2019. The admission assignment will be published at The Swedish School of Textile Open House 26 January 2019. It will be possible to download the application assignment on this site 26 January 2019. Upload the digital application portfolio here.
- We must receive any supporting documentation no later than 20 May 2019. You can upload the documents to universityadmissions.se.
General admission requirements and specific admission requirements: The following specific admission requirements apply for education leading to a Bachelor of Arts: (i) artistic design ability to work, experiment, illustrate and realise fashion and textiles and other elements in an expressive manner, in order to convey intended ideas in a comprehensible manner, (ii) technical ability in textile techniques, e.g. weaving, printing, sewing, embroidery, knitting or other textile constructions, (iii) a certain degree of critical theoretical knowledge within the field of fashion and design.
Major subjects at the education in Fashion Design are design research, artistic experiments aiming at artistic development of design ideas, experiments and technical development in ateliers and studios. It is therefore important that the application portfolio demonstrates an ability to develop ideas from visual research (material gathering and working with source materials) into interesting finished work (composition and technical skill). Candidates can apply for the education programme by confirming formal qualifications and submitting an application portfolio containing the specified application samples and CV.
Application assignment for 2018 (pdf).
Upload the digital application portfolio.
The application portfolio should contain a portfolio, application project and CV.
Upload your portfolio here.
- Fill out your name etc. and which specialisation you apply for with your portfolio.
- Upload your application portfolio as a PDF, max 40 MB. You can also add a multimedia file (.mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .avi, .qt,.mov,.mp4) max 40 MB.
Your CV should include educations, courses, works, internships and projects you have accomplished. Please use this form
Invitation to assessment day
A number of selected applicants will receive an invitation via your pages on universityadmissions.se. The invitation will be sent in the beginning of May 2019.
The assessment days are 21-22 May 2019. If you are not invited to the assessment days, you will be informed.
Information about admission
The result of the selection will be published on universityadmissions.se at the latest by week 22 (27 May – 31 May). In the notification of selection results, you will receive information concerning if you are offered a place, have a reserve ranking, or not admitted. If you are admitted or have a reserve ranking it is important that you answer yes to keep your place.
EU/EEA-student: No tuition fee
Non EU/EEA-student: 228 000 SEK/academic year
More information on fees and fundings.
- 26 January 2019: The web admission opens.
- 26 January 2019: The application assignment is published on the web
- 15 April 2019: Last day for application and to hand in your portfolio including CV.
- 21-22 May 2019: Assessment day and interviews at the Swedish School of Textiles
- Week 22 2019: Admission will be announced at universityadmissions.se
If you have questions concerning the education programme or application portfolio, please contact Erika Blomgren.