Application information: BA in Fashion Design
How to apply
- First step: Apply to the programme no later than 16 April 2020 at www.universityadmissions.se. Application period opens 24 January 2020.
We must receive a digital application portfolio no later than 16 April 2020. The admission assignment will be published at The Swedish School of Textile Open House 25 January 2020. It will be possible to download the application assignment on this site 25 January 2020.
- We must receive any supporting documentation no later than 20 May 2020. You can upload the documents to universityadmissions.se.
General admission requirements and specific admission requirements: The following specific admission requirements apply for education leading to a Bachelor of Arts: (i) artistic design ability to work, experiment, illustrate and realise fashion and textiles and other elements in an expressive manner, in order to convey intended ideas in a comprehensible manner, (ii) technical ability in textile techniques, e.g. weaving, printing, sewing, embroidery, knitting or other textile constructions, (iii) a certain degree of critical theoretical knowledge within the field of fashion and design.
Major subjects at the education in Fashion Design are design research, artistic experiments aiming at artistic development of design ideas, experiments and technical development in ateliers and studios. It is therefore important that the application portfolio demonstrates an ability to develop ideas from visual research (material gathering and working with source materials) into interesting finished work (composition and technical skill). Candidates can apply for the education programme by confirming formal qualifications and submitting an application portfolio containing the specified application samples and CV.
Application assignment for 2020 (pdf).
The application portfolio should contain a portfolio, application project and CV.
- Fill out your name etc. and which specialisation you apply for with your portfolio.
- Upload your application portfolio as a PDF, max 40 MB. You can also add a multimedia file (.mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .avi, .qt,.mov,.mp4) max 40 MB.
Your CV should include educations, courses, works, internships and projects you have accomplished. Please use this form
Invitation to assessment day
A number of selected applicants will receive an invitation via your pages on universityadmissions.se. The invitation will be sent in the beginning of May 2020.
The assessment days are 19-20 May 2020. If you are not invited to the assessment days, you will be informed.
Information about admission
The result of the selection will be published on universityadmissions.se 28 may 2020. In the notification of selection results, you will receive information concerning if you are offered a place, have a reserve ranking, or not admitted. If you are admitted or have a reserve ranking it is important that you answer yes to keep your place.
EU/EEA-student: No tuition fee
Non EU/EEA-student: 228 000 SEK/academic year
Latest day of payment 30 April 2020
- 24 January 2020: The web admission opens.
- 25 January 2020: The application assignment is published on the web
- 16 April 2020: Last day for application and to hand in your portfolio including CV.
- 19-20 May 2020: Assessment day and interviews at the Swedish School of Textiles
- 28 May 2020: Admission will be announced at universityadmissions.se
If you have questions concerning the education programme or application portfolio, please contact Erika Blomgren.