Application information: BA in Fashion Design
How to apply
- First step: Apply to the programme no later than 16 April 2021 at www.universityadmissions.se. Application period opens 22 January 2021.
We must receive a digital application portfolio no later than 16 April 2021. The admission assignment will be published at The Swedish School of Textile Open House 30 January 2021. It will be possible to download the application assignment on this site 30 January 2021.
- We must receive any supporting documentation no later than 17 May 2021. You can upload the documents to universityadmissions.se.
General admission requirements and specific admission requirements: The following specific admission requirements apply for education leading to a Bachelor of Arts: (i) artistic design ability to work, experiment, illustrate and realise fashion and textiles and other elements in an expressive manner, in order to convey intended ideas in a comprehensible manner, (ii) technical ability in textile techniques, e.g. weaving, printing, sewing, embroidery, knitting or other textile constructions, (iii) a certain degree of critical theoretical knowledge within the field of fashion and design.
Major subjects at the education in Fashion Design are design research, artistic experiments aiming at artistic development of design ideas, experiments and technical development in ateliers and studios. It is therefore important that the application portfolio demonstrates an ability to develop ideas from visual research (material gathering and working with source materials) into interesting finished work (composition and technical skill). Candidates can apply for the education programme by confirming formal qualifications and submitting an application portfolio containing the specified application samples and CV.
Application assignment for 2021 (pdf).
The application portfolio should contain a portfolio, application project and CV. The upload portal will be available here at the same time as the assignment is released.
- Fill out your name etc. and which specialisation you apply for with your portfolio.
- Upload your application portfolio as a PDF, max 40 MB. You can also add a multimedia file (.mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .avi, .qt,.mov,.mp4) max 40 MB.
- Upload your portfolio here:
Your CV should include educations, courses, works, internships and projects you have accomplished. Please use this form
Invitation to assessment day
A number of selected applicants will receive an invitation via your pages on universityadmissions.se.
The assessment days are 11-12 May 2021. If you are not invited to the assessment days, you will be informed.
Information about admission
The result of the selection will be published on universityadmissions.se 26 may 2021. In the notification of selection results, you will receive information concerning if you are offered a place, have a reserve ranking, or not admitted. If you are admitted or have a reserve ranking it is important that you answer yes to keep your place.
EU/EEA-student: No tuition fee
Non EU/EEA-student: 246 000 SEK/academic year
Latest day of payment 30 April 2021
- 22 January 2021: The web admission opens.
- 30 January 2021: The application assignment is published on the web
- 16 April 2021: Last day for application and to hand in your portfolio including CV.
- 11-12 May 2021: Assessment day and interviews at the Swedish School of Textiles
- 26 May 2021: Admission will be announced at universityadmissions.se
If you have questions concerning the education programme or application portfolio, please contact Erika Blomgren.