Sports- and outdoor clothing design
The course contains prerequisites for design and product development, experimental methodology and practical tests as well as illustration and presentation of sports and outdoor clothing for production.
The course aims to develop understanding of and skills in the design and product development of sports and outdoor clothing.
The main content of the course is:
- Design analysis, idea and design development on the basis of a specific physical activity and environment
- Textile materials on the basis of a specific physical activity, comfort and environment
- Experimental design development with body movement as a starting point
- Experimental design development with a physical environment as a starting point
- Product and detail planning/sketching
- Prototype production, digitally and physically
- Collection presentation and argumentation