Start date: 2017-09-01
End date: 2020-10-31
The Swedish School of Textiles at University of Borås, has together with the Fashion Design of Polytecnico di Milano and London College of Fashion at the University of the arts in London, started a strategic partnership for higher education within the field of Fashiontech. The project is called "Education4fashion-Tech: interdisciplinary Curriculum for Fashion in the Digital Era". It starts on the 1st of September 2017 and ends on 31 st of August 2020. The project is financed by the European Union through the Erasmus+ action KA203 - Strategic Partnerships for higher education.
The aim of EDU4Fashion-Tech is to bridge the fashion field with that of innovative technologies by creating new training pathway to improe the level of key competencies and skills of students and trainers and to break down barriers between technologists and creative communities and build meaningful collaboration.
- Carry out a benchmark to align knowledge and build a context reference for designing elements of innovation of proposed curriculum.
- Develop an innovative curriculum encompassing smart textiles, wearables and digital manufacturing.
- Trial new training methods and innovative pedagogies to support training in these emerging areas.
- Develop training resources on smart textiles, wearables and digital manufacturing.
- Organising a joint training event to train the trainers.
- Pilot the curriculum and the learning resources organising a hackathon (as blended training activity) and 3 Intensive Study Programmes for learners on smart textiles, wearables and digital manufacturing.
- Enhance and facilitate the learning experience through an online community of practice.
- Evaluate the project and the learning experience making a recommendation
- Disseminate the project results by organising two transnational multiplier event across the design and fashion community.