Faculty of Librarianship, Information, Education and IT (including The Swedish School of Library and Information Science)
Department of Educational Work
Telephone: 033-435 4368
Room number: B513
M.A. (2004), M.Sc. (2012), D.Th. (2010), Excellent Teaching Practitioner ETP (2015), Docent (Associate professor/Dr. theol. habil.) in Practical Theology/Religious Education (2018).
Since of 2016, am I Senior Lecturer in Religious Education at the University of Borås. In 2018 I was appointed Associate Professor. Together with Associate Prof. Dr. Ola Svensson, I lead the research group SONOMA – the Research Group for Subject Matter Education in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, established in 2021.
In my research, I investigate societal and educational issues from a RE-perspective – often with a minority-majority emphasis. Teaching and learning in Higher Education also takes a part of my research interest using Ethical theory. Methodologically, I hold a pragmatic stance, using Multi Methods Research (MMR) where different methods are joined to bring a broader understanding. Such qualitative methods used by me are text analysis, visual analysis, policy analysis, action research and practice research, whereas quantitative methods are surveys and other statistics.
Through the years, I am often asked for as peer reviewer of pedagogical merits and systematic educational reviews. To that, I frequently host Swedish media as expert on religion in society and education.
In the year 2010, I defended my Doctoral Thesis at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden and received my doctorate in Theology. Before my time at the University of Borås, I have worked at the University of Gothenburg, the University of Halmstad and as a certified school teacher at Upper Secondary Schools in Halmstad, Lund and Helsingborg.
Visit my web page. (External link)
- Joint research leader for SONOMA – Subject Matter Education in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences and Mathematics (2021–). My research leader colleague is Associate Prof. Dr. Ola Svensson.
- Chair of the Research Ethics Board of University of Borås, Sweden (2022–2024).
- Chair of the Board of Pedagogical Education Programmes, University of Borås (2022–2024)
- Member of the book review board for International Journal of Practical Theology (IJPT), (2022–).
- Member of International Academy of Practical Theology (IAPT) (2019–).
- Associate member International Seminar of Religious Education and Values (ISREV) (2021–).
- Member of the Associate Professor and Full Professor Seminar of Educational Work at the University of Borås (2018–).
- Research leader for the CHILD-reminary, University of Borås (2019–2020). 2019 as joint leader with Prof. Dr. Disa Bergnehr, 2020 on my own.
- External reviewer of the University College of Stockholm’s Programme for Ministerial training (2021).
- Member of the University Board of Borås (2017–2020).
- External reviewer of the Church of Sweden’s Educational Institute and its training in Pastoral Care (2015)
- Technical Assistant Editor for The Annuals of Church History in Sweden (2004–2009)
- Goethe University Frankfurt, Faculty of Protestant Theology (Maj-June 2018)
- Lund University, Centre for Theology and Religious Studies (2005–2016)
- Cambridge University, Faculty of Divinity (2008)
- The University of Helsinki, Faculty of Theology and the Finnish Literary Society (2007)
Doctoral thesis title
Prayer in Peasant Communities: A Contrast of Ideals and Practices