The most common form of funding is through employment as a doctoral student, so-called doctoral studentship. That means that the department has funds and can advertise a doctoral studentship position. However, other sources of financing such as employment with another employer or through scholarships may be permitted. If this is the case, any contractual terms and the financial and insurance conditions must be ensured in connection with admission. It is important for you to know that the different types of study funding give you different degrees of protection when it comes to the social safety net, for example in terms of insurance, holiday, pension, och parental leave.

Externally-funded doctoral student

Scholarship doctoral students